China Central Television offers great video-based lesson series on their website. There are shows for different levels, different purposes (everyday vs. travel vs. business), different learners (children vs. young adults vs. adults). The shows are hosted by perfect bilinguals, come with pdf transcripts with pinyin and translation of dialogues and all well-made and well-acted.
If you are interested in project-based language learning, consider the following free online institute.
——–Begin forwarded message—–
Aloha! The National Foreign Language Resource Center at the University of Hawaii‘i at Manoa is pleased to offer two professional development opportunities focused on project-based language learning (PBLL) in 2015:
FUNDAMENTALS OF PROJECT-BASED LANGUAGE LEARNING
Project-based learning has had a rich and productive history extending for over 100 years. Embark on a journey of discovery to better understand project-based language learning (PBLL) and explore its connections with 21st Century Skills, content-based instruction, performance assessment and your own instructional context. Experts in the field guide you through the creation of a project blueprint. Connect with colleagues who have a common interest in quality PBLL implementation.
Complete Option 1 as part of a facilitated cohort or Option 2 via self-paced study. Successfully complete all assigned tasks and earn an NFLRC digital badge, which qualifies you to apply to the NFLRC 2015 Intensive Summer Institute in Honolulu (see below). The online institute is FREE, but space is limited, so sign up today.
PROJECT-BASED LANGUAGE LEARNING (PBLL) IN ACTION
INTENSIVE SUMMER INSTITUTE
JULY 27-31, 2015 • Honolulu, HI
How can I integrate Project-Based Language Learning (PBLL) in my existing curriculum? How do I design PBLL projects to incorporate 21st Century Skills? The NFLRC 2015 Intensive Summer Institute (ISI) will help you answer these questions with guidance from experts in the field through a dynamic, technology-rich professional development experience. You will work on project design for your own language classroom assisted by colleagues and guided by a group of language professionals with background in project-based learning, language pedagogy, instructional technology and assessment.
We invite practicing K-16 world language educators to apply to participate. The NFLRC 2015 Intensive Summer Institute (ISI) is not a beginner’s workshop. In order to join, applicants will need to first earn a digital badge from the Fundamentals of Project-Based Language Learning Online Institute (see above) as a prerequisite. Seats are limited and applications will be competitive. Accepted participants will need to pay a $100 registration fee for the Intensive Summer Institute. Stipends to defray travel expenses will be available to selected participants traveling to Honolulu for the ISI. Preference will be given to participants currently working in community college contexts, but all practicing world language educators K-16 are invited to apply. District supervisors and world language curriculum specialists are ineligible to apply.
Badge Requirement Deadline: March 15, 2015
Application Deadline: March 31, 2015
National Foreign Language Resource Center
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
1859 East-West Road #106
Honolulu, HI 96822-2322
NFLRC Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NFLRC/
NFLRC Twitter page: http://www.twitter.com/NFLRC/
NFLRC YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/nflrchawaii
- film: https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/talk-introduction-to-century/id890959599
- journey through china https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/journey-through-china/id653369345
- senior chinese; relationship https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/senior-chinese-relationships/id859921887
- a century of chinese cinema https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/a-century-of-chinese-cinema/id900201257
- China Paranoma Series
- breakthrough 1 https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-breakthrough/id616017085
- breakthrough 2 https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-breakthrough/id616017840
- threshhold 1 https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-threshold-chinese/id616018340
- threshhold 2 https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-threshold-chinese/id618015763
- Waystage I.https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-waystage-chinese/id620270173
- Waystage II https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-waystage-chinese/id625001701
- Chinese Phonetics https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-chinese-phonetics/id616016256
- Let’s enjoy Chinese characters https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/china-panorama-lets-enjoy/id598103982
- Chinese for children https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/chinese-for-children/id593484975
- Beginner’s Chinese https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/beginners-chinese-audio/id380227642?mt=10
- language video
- Hong Kong Open https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/basic-chinese-1/id388835552?mt=10
- Chinese cuisine https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/chinese-cuisine/id387010233?mt=10
- Emory U.
- Seton Hall
- Beginner Chinese reader https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/beginning-chinese-reader/id712302997?mt=10
- Intermediate Chinese https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/intermediate-chinese/id714087247?mt=10
- advanced Chinese https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/advanced-chinese/id716758957?mt=10
- Chinese beyond emory; intermediate; interviews in China https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/chinese-beyond-emory-intermediate/id422852987?mt=10
- China after empire-1911 remembered https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/china-after-empire-1911-remembered/id490169377?mt=10
- Chinese business etiquette https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/chinese-business-etiquette/id598071190?mt=10
- watch film “confucius” and learn Chinese https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/kan-dian-ying-xue-han-yu-kong-zi/id493494034?mt=10
- Chinese culture-an introduction https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/zhong-guo-wen-hua-ru-men/id387401919?mt=10
- history of Chinese philosophy https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/zhong-guo-si-xiang-shi/id510923792?mt=10
- interesting stories of Chinese classic brand names https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/qu-tan-bei-jing-lao-zi-hao/id387370670?mt=10
- U of Chicago; video projects, skits and speech contests https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/chinese-language-video-projects/id391222403?mt=10
- genre-based Chinese; designed for middle-school https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/chu-zhong-hua-wen-yu-wen-hua/id668985718